Ortega Guitars, 4-String Earth Series Concert Acoustic/Electric Ukulele, Right, Silver, (RUSILVER-CE)
You may have your own plans for what you want to do with a new ukulele, but one thing is certain: you're here because you're considering adding an instrument to enrich your life.
And that's a big deal.
Before considering the technical aspects like scale, wood types, and finishes, playing an instrument can have a profound impact on your life. It instantly forms a connection, demands care, and rewards you in countless ways. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced musician, this feeling never fades away.
Ortega Guitars is a family-owned company based in Gutenstetten, Germany, where they designed their Earth Series ukuleles to embody the classic sound, look, and feel that define a great ukulele. Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, Ortega meticulously selected and crafted each element to ensure instant recognition and lasting quality.
Prior to shipping, Ortega's highly skilled experts, who are also musicians themselves, inspect each ukulele at their Nashville, Tennessee facility. They follow a detailed checklist to ensure that right out of the box, you get that feeling of "okay, I'm never putting this down."
Tech specs — the Earth Series Acoustic-Electric Concert Ukulele by Ortega Guitars
- Concert 380 mm scale — 68 mm body depth (Venetian cutaway)
- Okoume top, back & sides in raspberry open pore finish — white ABS binding
- Walnut fretboard and bridge (18 frets)
- Okoume neck, raspberry open pore finish
- MagusUke preamp/pickup system with built-in tuner & 1/4" output jack
- Nut width — 36 mm / 1.42"
- Equipped with Ortega Guitars Concert UWNY-4-CC white nylon strings (high G tuning: G,C,E,A)
- Chrome plated die-cast tuning machines with black buttons
Designed in Germany with top-grade materials and elegant finishing touches
- Fine tone woods with open pore finish
- Ortega uses okoume wood for the body, neck, and headstock, which provides a rich tone similar to mahogany. It delivers warmth, depth, resonance, and clarity in sound.
- Top-grade walnut is used for the fretboard and bridge, adding a touch of sophistication to the classic sound.
- The raspberry open pore finish reveals the beautiful, natural wood grain, giving the ukulele an exquisite appearance.
- The ukulele features a MagusUke preamp/pickup system with a built-in tuner and a quarter-inch output jack, allowing you to enhance your sound in any setting.
- Volume and tone dials offer easy sound mixing, while the built-in tuner ensures convenient and precise tuning.
- A quarter-inch output jack on the side bottom enables you to connect the ukulele to an amplifier or PA system (cables not included).
Modern die-cast tuning machines
- Chrome-plated die-cast tuning machines with synthetic black buttons give the ukulele a sleek and contemporary look, while remaining easy to operate.
- The sealed gears offer added durability and protection against external elements.
- These tuners allow for quick re-stringing, precise tuning adjustments, and provide a smooth touch when turning the buttons.
In the image, you can also see the okoume neck and headstock with their visually appealing finish.
- The concert size (scale 380 mm) combines clear string articulation with full tonal development from the 68 mm deep body, resulting in a classic ukulele sound suitable for any setting.
- This scale offers warm and resonant tones that can easily fill a room with sound.