Deering Goodtime Americana Banjo 12 In. Rim
The Americana is the first 5-string banjo from Deering to be fitted with their new Grand 12” rim, which gives the banjo a stronger bass response and a much warmer tone. The fullness and warmth of the larger rim is further enhanced by the addition of a 12” Renaissance head which beautifully complements the banjo both visually and sonically. Continuing the long standing Goodtime philosophy of offering the best value American made banjos available, the Americana is the lowest priced 12” model on the market today and retains the distinctive natural blonde Goodtime aesthetics. In keeping with the rest of the Goodtime line, this banjo also features guitar style tuners, a rock maple neck, nickel plated hardware, and hardwood inlays. Played with an old time style technique, the Americana is reminiscent of banjos from a period when larger rims were more prevalent which makes the 12” a great setup for playing old time music. A traditional 11” banjo with a frosted top head has a far brighter sound and will “cut” more. Since the combination of the Grand 12” rim and the Renaissance head makes for a wonderfully laid back sound in comparison, the Americana lends itself perfectly for musicians looking to use the banjo to back up a vocalist or another instrument, instead of playing the a lead instrument role.
- NEW GRAND 12" RIMFULL, FAT TONE: The new wider Grand 12" rim found on the Goodtime Americana emphasizes the bass response and gives the banjo an unmistakeble tone.
- RENAISANCE HEAD - WARM TONE: The renaissance head complements the Grand 12" rim on the Goodtime Americana to further enhance this banjo's sweet, warm tone.
- ENGRAVED PEGHEAD AMERICANA: Beautiful engraved peghead featuring the Americana name, Goodtime logo, and scrollwork design. Collections: 5 String Banjos, Banjos, Featured Banjos, Goodtime Banjos, In Stock, Openback 5-String Banjos Type: 5 String Banjos
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: Blonde 3-ply Violin-Grade Maple Rim, 5/8" Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge, Blonde 3-ply Violin-Grade Maple Rim, Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- OTHER FEATURES: 12-inch Remo Renaissance Medium Crown Head, 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments, 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32" Nuts, 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Fretsg,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well. Geared 5th String Tuner, Overall Instrument Length 37 1/2", Hardwood Bow Tie Inlays.